About me……Fairly standard bloke if I’m honest. Blog name gives a pretty big clue that I live ‘up north’, I turned 30 in 2015 and I’m slowly but surely going grey. I work full time as a Social Work Team Manger so for obvious reasons I won’t be discussing work in too much detail, it’s a very stressful job, sometimes rewarding but it pays the bills and keeps me in new trainers. I do commute and travel a lot, so instead of staring out the window all the time or stalking people on Facebook. I thought I would share my world with the whoever is interested. My world changed dramatically on the 21/09/15 when my baby Daughter entered this world, after a rather traumatic 27hr labour, more of that on: The Midwifes & the Labour We named her Effy, and from the first moment I was handed her, I was absolutely besotted.
This isn’t a blog or place to come to get expert parent advice, the truth is, I have acquired most my knowledge and skills from google, my mam and Family Guy. It will be a place where I’ll attempt to offer an opinion on all things ‘dad’. I won’t be taking myself too seriously and won’t be proof reading for northern twang.
I hope more about me and my personality will come out through my posts but to get going, I thought I’d give myself a little quiz, was aiming for 21 questions but got bored and I think I covered most of the basics. Most of these questions were stolen from various oddly titled quizzes via google.
- What is your best childhood memory – playing football with my brother
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? – nothing much, maybe wouldn’t of wore some of shocking outfits I did in my early 20’s. I wore a lot of neck scarfs.
- What is the best advice you have ever given and received? My dad used to always say “be a Shepherd not a sheep” – this was partly to blame for the neck scarfs but I still like it.
- How did you meet OH? – Work – she proclaims to have hated me at the start but soon succumbed to my charms.
- What do you feel most proud of? – I once punched a fly and killed it…true story.
- What is your favourite music? – Paul Weller and Rap (separately of course)
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? – Went to Miami when I was younger and loved it, would like to go back.
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be? – Don’t really feel a great deal of sentiment to items, all my photos are stored online and I don’t keep money under the mattress but I wouldn’t want to live without my Phone, my watch and…….that’ll do….I’ll also need a phone charger.
- What teacher in school made the most impact on you and why? – PE teacher, was only really good at football and he made out like I was going to be a world beater…..turns out he was lying.
- What TV shows do you like? Me and OH watch a lot of TV, we like anything that makes us laugh, we’ve got into a few boxsets and she loves anything to do with World War II.
- What was one of your most defining moments in life? – When I realised working in bars and drinking every day wasn’t good for me.
- Best Compliment you have ever received – That I look Italian, used to work in Costa Coffee and had long hair. Andro Pirlo is Italian and is a very good looking man.
- Favourite Pizza – we order the same thing every time from Domino’s – Tandoori chicken, sweetcorn and garlic butter.
- What was your most embarrassing moment? – when I was about 13, and ballboy at a football match, I nearly decapitated myself my running into a piece of wire that held the nets up. This was in front of the away fans and they weren’t exactly concerned for my wellbeing.
- How would your friends describe you? – A twat (this is how all lads describe their mates)
- Favourite food – I absolutely love Pies, and gravy of course.
About my other half….for the purpose of this blog I will refer to her as OH, mainly because it’s easier to type but also because we aren’t married and saying girlfriend makes it sound as though we are 12. This blog is primarily about my thoughts and take on life, but she will obviously be referenced along the way. She does know about it, but I doubt she reads anything I will post, apparently she has enough of me in real life. In all seriousness, she’s a pretty amazing women, I’m not going to say that I couldn’t live without her (as I would obviously survive) but I just wouldn’t want to. She keeps me in check and organises my life, she laughs at my jokes and only moans a little bit about the amount of football I watch. She’s a good’un.
About Effy……A remarkable human being that I’m utterly amazed I played a part in creating. She’s an absolute bugger at times but Im hugely proud of her and I feel very lucky to have her in my life.